From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo video camera security system
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:29:31
1 Grant wrote:
2 > but I think
3 > that will limit me to USB and it's 15-foot cable maximum?
4
5 A friend of a friend set up a security system in his house, using USB
6 cameras, and ran it more than 15 foot! Apparently, you can use a
7 USB-cat5 converter (not ip based, so you can't route it, just uses the
8 twisted pairs) and get even further. cat5 is cheap too. I suggest you
9 experiment (or find someone else who has) and see how far they ran their
10 cable.
11
12 HTH,
16 Joe Swanson: [to Brian, who just joined the police force] Great job,
17 rookie!
18 Cop #1: You're a real credit to the force!
19 Cop #2: Additional generic cop compliment, Brian!