From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Laptop keeps freezing
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:58:25
1 Willie Wong wrote:
2 > On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:36:40PM -0400, Willie Wong wrote:
3 >
4 >> The first thing to determine is that whether it is freezing of the
5 >> user interface or the underlying kernel. For desktops I often compile
6 >> the kernel with the option that it flashes the keyboard LEDs when it
7 >> is panicking, so I can see at a glance that the omelette has hit the
8 >> fan.
11 > On second thought, I am not sure if the keyboard flashing is
12 > optional... every desktop that I've come across that kernel panic'd
13 > did flash the LEDs, that and the fact the last time I built my desktop
14 > kernel is over a year ago makes me a non-authority on kernel options.
15 >
16 > W
19 I would like to know where this is to if it is a option. Never heard of
20 this before.
21
22 Thanks
23