From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] digikam, gtkam,... what's else?
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 07:53:16
1 On Sunday 18 January 2009 10:37:56 Dale wrote:
4 > Most Canon cameras that I have read about are p2p or something. It
5 > should just work but maybe there is something specific about your model
6 > or they are changing the camera part.
7
8 ~2-3 months ago all did work.
9
10 > I'm just glad I like my little
11 > Canon PowerShotA95. It has the flip out display which is hard to find
12 > now. I like mine that way to protect the display. I don't think there
13 > is a scratch on mine anywhere.
14 >
15 > I hope they fix the bug or give a workaround soon.
16 >
17 > Dale
18 >
19 > :-) :-)
20 >
21 > P.S. I recently got me a little cheap card reader to use for the camera
22 > and the cell phone card. That works very well.
23
24 I have SD-card-to-memory-stick "adapter" - it does work.
25
26 > You do have to mount it
27 > manually but it works well. Camera uses CF and phone uses MicroSD.
28 > That may be a option. The card reader has Targus wrote on it and it was
29 > pretty cheap.