From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Some hints about evdev versus xorg and your mouse and keyboard
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 22:40:48
1 walt wrote:
2 > [...]
3 > HTF the average user is supposed to figure all this out for himself
4 > is beyond me. I'm thankful for the expert help I got.
5
6 Gentoo is not for the average user. We had discussions in the past
7 where GUIs were discussed to make these things automagic, but most
8 Gentoo users here prefer that Gentoo should not offer such GUIs so that
9 the user can learn and not become clueless.
10
11 So congratulations. You've learned. It's funny though how the users
12 that were against introducing GUIs to Gentoo now complain about HAL :P