From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] {OT} cool new postfix whitelist feature
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 10:17:08
1 postfix has a new whitelist feature in 2.11. A main.cf config like this:
2
3 postscreen_greet_action = enforce
4 postscreen_pipelining_enable = yes
5 postscreen_pipelining_action = enforce
6 postscreen_non_smtp_command_enable = yes
7 postscreen_non_smtp_command_action = enforce
8 postscreen_bare_newline_enable = yes
9 postscreen_bare_newline_action = enforce
10 postscreen_dnsbl_sites = zen.spamhaus.org list.dnswl.org*-1
11 postscreen_dnsbl_whitelist_threshold = -1
12
13 means you're using a blacklist (zen.spamhaus.org), whitelist
14 (list.dnswl.org), and greylisting everything else. I'm not getting
15 spam anymore and I don't think I'm rejecting legitimate mail either.
16
17 I was having a problem with the 450 greylisting response causing
18 permanent bounces with mail servers that don't retry (comcast.net for
19 example) but the whitelist has fixed it and most mail is delivered a
20 lot faster since it doesn't have to retry.
21
22 - Grant