From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X Freezes With Firefox on Many Post 2.6.38 Kernels
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 19:12:20
1 Todd Goodman wrote:
2 > Dale (and whoever else was having problems with Firefox and X hangs,)
3 >
4 > I don't know if you've seen it but:
5 >
6 > http://lkml.org/lkml/2011/7/24/54
7 >
8 > looks like a thread that might be applicable?
9 >
10 > Todd
15 That does look interesting. I had a few times where mine would just
16 hang and I could use the SysReq keys but most of the time it just plain
17 paniced.
18
19 I'm not subscribed so if you see something interesting, let me know. I
20 wish I could let them know it also causes kernel panics as well. I
21 suspect tho that whatever fix they come up with, it will fix it all. I
22 may go back to a older kernel too. lol That may work for a temp fix
23 anyway.
24
25 Thanks very much for the link. At least it is not just me and they know
26 about it now.
27
28 Dale
29