From: Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sparse files and df
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 07:09:51
1 On Sun, 24 May 2009 12:42:07 +0600
2 Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Now I know that df can actually show weird results sometimes but I
5 > wonder why (re)moving files from a file system doesn't affect it's
6 > output at all.
7 > Do I really have 5G there which will be depleted soon and there's
8 > nothing I can do to help it?
9 > If not, how come anyone trusts df output at all when it can report
10 > almost-empty fs to be almost-full?
11
12 The idea that rtorrent should re-open all the files hit me a bit too
13 late - just restarting it fixed df output.
14 Now I wonder how can a file descriptor remain valid even after file was
15 moved to another fs, but I guess it might be some os feature.
16 Sorry for the noise.
19 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net