From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange Alsa problem
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 01:13:40
1 On 3/20/06, Thomas G. Willis <tom.willis@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hey all, wonder if anyone else is running into this. It just started
3 > happening after an emerge --sync , emerge --deep- --update world dance.
4 >
5 > For some reason upon rebooting I have to run alsaconf to get sound again.
6 >
7 > Alsa reports no problems on booting up.
8 >
9 > the module snd_intel8x0 is the re in the kernel accorindg to lsmod along
10 > with all the dependencies.
11 >
12 > alsactl store didn't fix the problem.
13 >
14 > So, I'm at a loss as to what to try next.
15 >
16 > Any ideas would be appreciated.
17 >
18 > This is amd64 if that matters.
21 > --
22 > Thomas G. Willis
23
24 Try removing /etc/asound.state and then running alsamixer, or maybe
25 it's alsactl store - I don't remember. Anyway, asound.state's format
26 changes quite often from Alsa rev to Alsa rev and then Alsa cannot
27 start right.
28
29 You may also want to do a restart of Alsa by hand
30 (/etc/init.d/alsasound restart) once you've erased asound.state.
31
32 to recreate asound.state you run alsamixer again after restarting Alsa.
33
34 Hope this helps,
35 Mark
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list