From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gmail and that stupid spam filter. :-@
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 03:38:43
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I recently switched to gmail. I did some searches to see how to disable
7 >> or just make it so gmail's spam filter does not move anything to the
8 >> spam folder. They don't work. Does someone here know of a way to get
9 >> rid of this thing? It's getting on my nerves and I am even considering
10 >> switching to Yahoo or something. I even thought about just marking
11 >> everything it thinks is spam as not spam. Sort of mess up their stuff
12 >> but if it works, may try it next.
13 >>
14 >> Thanks!
15 >>
16 >> Dale
20 > My experience is that it learns fairly quickly what's spam and what
21 > isn't, but I have about 50 labels I created - different lists, family,
22 > etc. for which I wrote simple rules. That keeps most stuff going to
23 > the right place. I get about 30 spam a day which is pretty easy to
24 > read through just once a day.
25 >
26 > Works for me.
27 >
28 > Good luck,
29 > Mark
34 Thing is, I use POP not the webmail thing. I have a really slow dial-up
35 and don't want to have to log in to get my email. I might also mention
36 that I have a ton of false positives, about as many as is spam. I got
37 my Seamonkey trained pretty well. It is VERY close to 100% dead on.
38 Gmail is wrong more than it is right.
39
40 Ideas?
41
42 Dale