From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ethernet dont use kernel module
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 00:54:01
1 On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Facundo Curti <facu.curti@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi all. I'm again :P (I'm becoming an annoying).
3 >
4 > I have a realtek 8111F ethernet.
5 >
6 > I boot from a live-usb, make an lspci -v and says ethernet uses r8169
7 > module.
8 >
9 > I compiled my kernel with this module, and when I start the system eth0 does
10 > not exist (Just lo), and a lspci -v says anything about modules.
11 >
12 > Also I tried doing modprobe r8169 with no errors, but I still with out eth0.
13 >
14 > So, any ideas why it is happening? :/
15 >
16 > As always.. I hope make me understand, my english is no too good
17 >
18 > Thank you list! Bytes! ;)
19
20 In your system (booting directly, not with LiveCD), do:
21
22 dmesg | grep -i 8169
23
24 I'm pretty sure you will need some kind of firmware for your card. The
25 logs in dmesg will tell.
26
27 Regards.
28 --