From: Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update installed packages, but not install new ones
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:06:04
1 On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:10:40 +0200 Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net>
2 wrote:
3 > On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:52:47 +0200 Nikodemus Karlsson
4 > <nikodemus@×××××××××.se> wrote:
5 > > almost every time when I do a complete packages upgrade using emerge
6 > > -u world, portage flags for new packages which is going to be
7 > > installed. Is there an option to get rid of this behavior, so I only
8 > > get the updated packages with one command?
9 >
10 > Why would you want to do that? If the package, that you want to
11 > upgrade, depends on something you don't have installed it will
12 > obviously have to emerge it first. There is only one situation where
13 > it is not the case. The new package may be a dependency based on a
14 > (new) USE-flag. If it is so you can disable that USE-flag in
15 > package.keywords and not install the new package.
17
18 s/keywords/use
21 Cheers,
22 Renat
25 Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
26 durch die sie entstanden sind.
27 (Einstein)