From: hkml@×××××××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problems with clipboard separation
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:36:17
1 Hi Group,
2
3 I have problems with my clipboard, that I never experienced with other
4 Linux distributions: If I do 'mark text; Ctrl-c; mark different text;
5 Ctrl-v' e.g. in Eclipse the second selection is not overwritten by the
6 content of the first selection.
7
8 It seems that the clipboard content is overwritten as soon as I mark
9 text. This behaviour is not depending on the window manager/ desktop
10 environment (I tried fvwm and kde), so it is probably some X
11 configuration stuff. As far as I have understood, there are 2 different
12 clipboards with one being changed as soon as you mark text (pasting at
13 mouse-middle-click) and the other is changed by pressing Ctrl-c (pasting
14 at Ctrl-v). Is that correct?
15
16 If so, then it seems that for me mouse-selection and Ctrl-c write into
17 the same buffer. Can anyone give me a hint, where to look for the
18 possibility to change this behaviour?
19
20 Cheers, Heinz
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list