From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] coretemp and smartbatt drivers for lm_sensors
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 21:49:37
1 On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Saturday 28 March 2009 22:28:15 Valmor de Almeida wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> I am trying to configure lm_sensors and sensors-detect identified these
6 >> two modules I don't know how to build.
7 >>
8 >> smartbatt
9 >>
10 >> coretemp
11 >>
12 >> I tried many config options when rebuilding the kernel 2.6.27.12
13 >> (vanilla-sources) but no luck in building the modules. Looking in the
14 >> kernel sources doc I can see the coretemp module but can't find the
15 >> corresponding config parameter in menuconfig. As for smartbatt, this is
16 >> what is available in the source tree:
17 >
18 > From any menu in make menuconfig, you can type '/' and enter a search string.
19 > Menuconfig will list all instances where it finds that string in item
20 > headings. coretemp is there.
21 >
22 > smartbatt is found at CONFIG_ACPI_SBS, you c
23
24 and coretemp is CONFIG_SENSORS_CORETEMP
25
26 Also, if you are new to lm_sensors, beware that sensors-detect only
27 works on a subset of the supported sensor chipsets. On my computer,
28 for example, it detected the wrong chipsets which "sort of" worked
29 (gave wrong/incomplete readings). I had to manually tell it which
30 sensor chipset my motherboard uses.