From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Horribly off-topic linux distro question...
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 15:37:52
1 On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 15:27:51 +0100, Michael Schmarck wrote:
2
3 > > In the context of online banking, where Windows of some flavour is the
4 > > desktop OS, I see a substantial risk arising through spyware and/or
5 > > viruses. I suspect that a neat way to mitigate this would be to run
6 > > an OS from a CD which offers nothing more fancy than a basic
7 > > web-browser.
8 > >
9 > > Is there anything like this already available?
10 >
11 > DSL should come fairly close.
12
13 Dillo doesn't work with the online banking sites, and many others, that I
14 tried.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 If it ain't broke, wait a day or two!!