From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Big emerge world killed networking
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:47:47
1 Hello, I've been gone for a couple months and now I'm back. I did a
2 big emerge world to catch up and I noticed a lot of networking-related
3 packages were updated like wpa_supplicant and baselayout. dhcpcd was
4 updated, but I know that update worked fine because I did it
5 separately a couple days before the world update. When I boot up now
6 and the ath_pci module is autoloaded for my wireless card, there is a
7 big dump of stuff on the screen and then a seg fault message. This is
8 after the kernel stuff and during the runlevel stuff. When it tries
9 to start net.ath0, it says:
10
11 Cannot default to dhcp as there is no dhcp module loaded
12
13 A subsequent manual 'modprobe ath_pci' works just fine, but the dhcp
14 error persists when trying to start the network interface. I also get
15 the dhcp error when trying to use dhcp with the net.eth0 interface.
16
17 Does anyone have any ideas?
18
19 - Grant