From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recommendations sought for fonts
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 21:25:16
1 On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 04:31:27PM -0400, Penguin Lover Allan Gottlieb squawked:
2 > I suspect I am missing some useful fonts as various web pages have funny
3 > chars and would appreciate suggestions as to which ones to emerge.
4 >
5 > My current list follows. Thanks in advance for any help.
6 > allan
7 >
8 > ================================================================
9 >
10 > allan gottlieb # eix --installed --only-names font
11 > media-fonts/corefonts
12 > media-fonts/font-adobe-100dpi
13 > media-fonts/font-adobe-75dpi
14 > media-fonts/font-adobe-utopia-type1
15 > media-fonts/font-alias
16 > media-fonts/font-bh-type1
17 > media-fonts/font-cursor-misc
18 > media-fonts/font-misc-misc
19 > media-fonts/font-util
20 > media-fonts/gnu-gs-fonts-std
21
22 You probably want unifont, which is a bitmap font, but has the most
23 extensive coverage of unicode characters. Otherwise, dejavu covers a
24 reasonably large set of Western characters in unicode, but looks a bit
25 nicer as it is TrueType (if I remember correctly).
26
27 W
28 --
29 Pintsize: Hello Marten! I wasn't expecting you home this soon. We're playing
30 Trolls & Flame-Wars! It's an Internet message-board based role playing game.
31 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 842 days, 19:56