From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to get rid of sys-fs/static-dev, or do I really need it?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 06:41:58
1 Am Tue, 25 Apr 2017 08:29:51 +0100
2 schrieb Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
3
4 > On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 01:30:07 +0200, wabe wrote:
5 >
6 > > > Do you have virtual/udev installed? That should be enough to keep
7 > > > virtual/dev-manager happy.
8 > >
9 > > Thanks for your answer. virtual/udev is already installed. Tomorrow
10 > > I'll make a backup of my system and after that I'll remove
11 > > sys-fs/static-dev.
12 >
13 > I can't see it doing any harm, because any static nodes in /dev/ are
14 > hidden once udev starts.
15
16 It's hidden when devtmpfs is mounted by the kernel. Modern kernels do
17 this automatically, udev is not involved here. That's probably the
18 reason why it was removed from the profile. The default options of
19 gentoo-sources suggest devtmpfs to be enabled and automounted by the
20 kernel at boot.
23 Regards,
24 Kai
25