From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <tony.caudel@×××××××××.net>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LiveUSB
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:48:16
1 I've been looking at LiveUSB's lately, specifically ones for Gentoo.
2 Found one on the Gentoo Documentation and another on Pendrive and
3 several others. Problem is that all of these do not allow you to save
4 changes.
5
6 Has anyone made a persistent Gentoo LiveUSB? Google hasn't helped
7 here. Most persistents seem to be Ubuntu and involve something called
8 Casper.
9
10 2nd question: I must be dense on this one so someone help me out.
11 Since a USB stick is seen as a hard drive, why can't I do a standard
12 install to it? Is it because until lately they haven't been large
13 enough? I'm thinking of using an 8GB one.
14
15 Tony
18 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
19 -- Benjamin Franklin
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list