From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lvm problem(s)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:41:34
1 On Tuesday 16 June 2009 21:12:06 Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 > > If google or menuconfig's help function doesn't give me an answer in 10
3 > > minutes, I boot off Ubuntu Netbook Remix on a usb stick (it's a 1G
4 > > download),
5 > > and note which modules it loads and settings it uses for stuff. Boot back
6 > > into
7 > > gentoo, configure and build accordingly ... sorted
8 >
9 > Does it provide more info than sysrescuecd-1.2?
10
11 I don't know that product so I have to say "I don't know" :-)
12
13 I suppose any full fledged desktop LiveCD distro is good enough for this, I
14 prefer Ubuntu Remix as it's written for netbooks with all the odd peculiar
15 things that put in the hardware.
16
17 I also find in general that rescue systems are not very good at these desktopy
18 things, and automagic SD card hotplugging is very much something driven by
19 desktop usage. Try by all means, I just think YMMV.
22 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com