From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] any way to split PCMCIA slot on laptop?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 19:35:49
1 Hello folks,
2
3 Sorry for another off-topic thread.
4
5 I have a Toshiba laptop that I got for real cheap, and it has one
6 PCMCIA slot, no Firewire plugs, and a bunch of USB plugs. It now
7 turns out that for my application, I need the PCMCIA slot to install a
8 specialty sound card, but I also need to have a Firewire input! I
9 understand that the only way to add Firewire to a laptop is to use a
10 PCMCIA slot... Is there a way somehow to "split" the one PCMCIA slot
11 on my laptop and be able to use it for both the sound card and a
12 Firewire port? Any way I can add a Firewire port and still keep my
13 PCMCIA sound card?
14
15 This is a Toshiba Satellite L25-S119 laptop. I actually run Windows
16 XP on it just because I need to for the specialty software I have to
17 use.
18
19 Any thoughts (other than buying another laptop!) would be appreciated :)
20
21 Denis
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list