From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] trying to find the cause of an http 500 error
Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 06:30:15
1 Hi folks. I am running owncloud which I like a lot, but for the past
2 few days I have been getting a 500 response when I try to log in to
3 the server.
4
5 Now when I look at the apache logs I see nothing about the error, I
6 just get lines like this:
7 [Thu May 04 23:37:10.802948 2017] [ssl:info] [pid 14953] [client
8 192.168.0.2:50009] AH01964: Connection to child 2 established (server
9 ccs.covici.com:443)
12 Even if I set loglevel debug in my apache configuration, I don't get
13 any more about the 500 error, just a lot about ssl.
14
15 Now after a lot of googling, I am told that the reason for the 50
16 response is a php fatal error. But I have log_errors as one in the
17 /etc/php/apache2-php5.6/php.ini and I have the errors logged to a file
18 /var/log/apache2/php_errors.log . So, why are these fatal errors not
19 being logged?
20
21 In case of some crazy thing in owncloud turning off logging or
22 something, I wrote a program which triggers a fatal error (I know
23 it does using the cli) and ran it under apache and nothing is being
24 logged.
25
26 So, the question is how to get it so I can see the fatal error, so I
27 can get my owncloud working again?
28
29 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
34 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
35 How do
36 you spend it?
37
38 John Covici