From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Manual pages (man pages) have ESC all through them when having used sudo.
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 08:24:09
1 On Sunday 28 February 2010 04.57:36 ubiquitous1980 wrote:
2 > If I have logged in through sudo such as $ sudo su, when I then use man
3 > pages, they are covered in "ESC". This does not occur when using normal
4 > user accounts or the root account through su. Wondering what is going
5 > on. Thanks.
6 And I have the exact opposite on one of my rigs. Viewing man pages as a normal
7 user and it get cluttered with ESC..., but view the same page after doing a
8 'sudo su -' everything is OK.
9 --
10 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
12 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!