From: P Levine <plevine457@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Illegal State in Chroot Environment
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 17:29:30
1 On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 10:11 AM, symack <symack@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Currently I am rebuilding the whole system using `emerge -e world` and
4 > everything is failing as early as the unpack phase.
5 > Do I have to download stage from the beginning for the 3rd time!
8 The problem is it looks like you built and installed bzip2 with the
9 incompatible CFLAGS. Because this is used by portage to unpack tar.bz2
10 files during the unpack phase, emerge can't really proceed. Unless you
11 have a binary package for bzip2 built with good CFLAGS lying around in you
12 system, you should start again.