From: Daniel Campbell <lists@××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo is so AWESOME
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 21:32:22
1 On 07/30/2013 01:16 PM, hasufell wrote:
2 > And we need MOAR devs
3 >
4 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=1&chap=2
5 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Gentoo/Staffing_Needs
6 >
7 > so awesome! srsly!
8 >
9 > What many people don't seem to get is: you don't need to be a commit
10 > monkey doing your 100+ commits per week.
11 > Our minimum rate of commits is pretty low before you actually are forced
12 > to retire.
13 >
14 > Better have a lot of devs each one focussing on a few packages than
15 > having few devs working on the entire tree and messing up things randomly.
16 >
17 > It's not that much work, just some regular attention. You want to join!
20 I was interested in becoming a dev for a little while, but the testing
21 and what looks to be prolonged process kinda put me off of the idea. It
22 just seems like a lot of bureaucratic work. Perhaps my impression is
23 wrong, though...
24
25 Which projects are most in need of developers or maintainers? I wouldn't
26 mind learning a bit more about package maintenance, portage, and ebuilds...