From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: pdf -> txt
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 11:08:27
1 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> writes:
2
3 > On 01/06/2011 05:45 AM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
6 >> Hi,
7 >>
8 >> I want to convert a couple of pdf-documents, which
9 >> are of test and "ASCIIbased tables", to pure text
10 >> (ASCII, vim-editable ;) ).
11 >>
12 >> What tool/s are worth being tried out for this task?
13 >>
14 >> Thank you very much in advance for any help!
15 >
16 > pdftotext might help. Comes with app-text/poppler.
17
18 If the output looks messed up, don't give up, first see the manpage,
19 there are some switches that may result in a better output.
20
21 I think using -layout will help you with the tables.
24 Nuno J. Silva
25 gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg