From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [ot General Textmode q]
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 01:56:58
1 Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> writes:
2 [...]
3
4 > One assumes that "console mode" means he's not running X.
5 >
6 > That said, I presume gpm holds the answer. But, I don't run gpm
7 > and don't know much about it...
8
9 James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com> writes:
10 [...]
11
12 > then edit /etc/conf.d/gpm and add a (or modify an existing uncommented):
13 >
14 > APPEND="-2"
15 >
16 > And then the right-click should be paste.
17
18 Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu> writes:
19 [...]
20
21 > I think a possibility is that you have plugged in and used a mouse
22 > with three buttons. This forced gpm into 3 button mode, so that the
23 > middle button becomes paste and right button is extend selection. Then
24 > you poor two-button touchpad has no more paste.
25 >
26 > To prevent that edit /etc/conf.d/gpm and add APPEND="-2" to force gpm
27 > to stick with 2-button mode.
28
29 Thanks to all for the prompt answers.
30
31 That solves the touch pad problem.
32
33 No one responded about the possibility of using the keyboard to do the
34 paste ... and man gpm is silent about it as well, does that mean its
35 not really possible to copy with mouse and paste with keyboard?