From: Jean Magnan de Bornier <jean@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trouble with CUPS
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:26:42
1 Le 20 janvier à 17:55:17 maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> écrit notamment:
2
3 | And can somebody explain the need to use http to set
4 | up a printer on one's own computer? Afterall PC
5 | *does* mean personal computer. I'm assuming that
6 | localhost:631 is on my own machine. But even so it
7 | seems a bit much.
8
9 Well, at least one advantage of the web interface at localhost:631 is that
10 you have documentation there, including doc on how to configure and use
11 cups at the command line, which - I agree - is often more agreable and
12 robust than the web interface.
13
14 I believe you will solve your problem this way - afraid I have no clues on
15 it now.
16
17 cheers,
18 --
19 Jean Magnan de Bornier | Cours Victor Hugo
20 e-mots: jean at bornier.net | 13980 Alleins France
21 T 08 70 39 34 03 | P 06 09 17 35 87
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list