From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Scott Ellis <scotte@××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] experiences with zfsonlinux?
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 14:09:25
1 Hi everybody,
2
3 so I did it. Three disks as a raidz pool, (zfstank), and created zfstank/var
4 and zfstank/data
5
6 Set both mountpoints as legacy and put them into fstab - I know I could zfs
7 deal with that, but I feel more comfortable that way. Restoring all the data
8 from backup took a long time, but not as long as doing the backup in the first
9 place. Write rate was, most of the time, impressive. In fact, so far it was a
10 really painless experience. There was a hard lockup - and zfs recovered
11 nicely. But it doesn't seem to react to 'sync' is that true or just a feeling?
12
13 Glück Auf,
14
15 Volker