From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Local eclass?
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 04:36:35
1 I'm trying to take an ebuild from a layman overlay and make it my own.
2 I've followed the advice at
3
4 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Portage/CustomTree#Defining_a_custom_repository
5
6 and
7
8 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Overlay/Local_overlay
9
10 but, there is a problem: the package uses its own eclasses, right now
11 they are in /var/lib/layman/$OVERLAY/eclass. When I copy the ebuild to
12 my local repo and run "repoman manifest", repoman bails out because it
13 cannot locate the eclass as inherited from the ebuild file.
14
15 Where do I have to move the eclass files so as to make them visible to
16 repoman, and presumably the rest of portage? I'd rather not put them in
17 /usr/portage/eclass or the different location I configured for the gentoo
18 repo on this system.
19
20 Thanks.
23 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
24 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
25 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html