From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 05:41:48
1 On Tue, August 20, 2013 00:33, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 22:51:38 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >> I'm also lucky in that when I managed to foist all the oracle with java
5 >> installers off onto some other team of luckless suckers, I was left with
6 >> just the best remote interface ever - ssh and bash. So I can afford to
7 >> be smug :-)
8 >
9 > Those of us running ssh and zsh can easily out-smug you :)
10 >
11 > And those adding screen/tmux into the mix can become truly unbearable...
12
13 When working remotely on a console, I always use screen. Been bitten too
14 often by dodgy links that it is a sane safety feature.
17 Joost