From: Chris Stout <chris.stout@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: grub2 multiple kernels
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 21:18:26
1 ----- Original Message -----
2 From: James
3 Sent: 01/24/14 01:14 PM
4 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: grub2 multiple kernels
6
7 Lee <ny6p01 <at> gmail.com> writes: > I am using grub2 also, but on another distro, with multiple > kernels/partitions. I don't have a lot of firsthand knowledge, because not > having a lot of patience, I usu just drop to the grub cli. > However, IIRC there is a grub2 command called update-grub that scans all > your boot sectors on all your devices. At least that's the way its _sposed_ > to work - ymmv. Yes, I read about update-grub, but it must be part of an additional packages, as I cannot find it (using whereis as root) ? On gentoo, which packages contains the update-grub command? Or is "grub2-mkconfig " the same command ? James
8 I could be remembering wrong, but I'm pretty sure update-grub was the command for legacy grub.
9 Like Andres* said, the command for grub2 is grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg .
10 * Sorry for ASCII-ing your name; I've yet to set up unicode support.