From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Router for ssh tunnel/SOCKS proxy
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 14:14:51
1 On 05 January 2007 14:22, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > Apologies for the off-topic post but I thought to ask here because there
5 > have been a couple of threads in the past where embedded Linux OS' for
6 > hardware routers were discussed and that may offer a solution to my
7 > problem.
8 >
9 > I would like to be able to tunnel through ssh to my home router (netgear
10 > DG834) from random public wifi access points, for the purpose of connecting
11 > through my own ISP to the internet for internet browsing and email.
12
13 What do you mean by tunnelling? Do you want an IP layer tunnelled through ssh?
14 Bad idea! I means TCP over TCP which is bound to fail when the outer and
15 inner TCP timeouts get out of sync.
16
17 Uwe
20 A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
21 http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2
22 Proof of concept of a TSP solver for KDE:
23 http://www.SysEx.com.na/epat-0.1.tar.bz2
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list