From: "Matt Connell (Gmail)" <matthewdconnell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new install for a new mainboard?
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 15:38:33
1 On Thu, 2020-12-10 at 16:23 +0100, n952162 wrote:
2 > What will happen if I boot my existing system on it?
3
4 Best case, it boots and has some minor issues to work through.
5
6 Worst case, it doesn't boot at all.
7
8 > If it would come up, what would need to be (re)emerged, as a minimum?
9
10 If you're building a kernel yourself from gentoo-sources, you'll most
11 likely need to review that kernel configuration and add support for new
12 hardware, optionally disabling support for old hardware.