From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gcc-6.4.0-r1::gentoo failed (compile phase)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 22:43:27
1 On 2018-03-28 16:09, Grant Taylor wrote:
2
3 > The point being, NBD / AoE / iSCSI are SAN technologies and not
4 > conducive for multiple clients to access at the same time (without a
5 > clustered file system). Unlike NFS which is safe for multiple clients
6 > to access at the same time. So, having multiple distributed build
7 > machines sort of necessitates NFS (or a clustered file system).
8
9 That's quite true. As I wrote, in my case the build is not distributed,
10 just the storage; and the server has enough storage for me to dedicate
11 another part of it to serve as a remote device for another client,
12 should it be needed.
15 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
16 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
17 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
18 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.