From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update After A Year
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:03:15
1 Tamas Sarga wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I moved from my flat a year ago, and now I' went back. At my temporary
5 > place I wasn't be able to reach the internet, so I didn't update the
6 > system.
7 > Now I'd like to update it. Should I do anything special in addition to
8 > an emerge -e system; emerge -e world? Are there anything I should
9 > attend to?
10 >
11 > TIA,
12 > Tamas Sarga
13
14 emerge --sync then hope for the best with the emerge -uvDN world. Don't
15 forget to search the forums for any problems you run into. Most of them
16 will be answered by now I would think. I'm sure you will run into at
17 least a few issues.
18
19 You may want to just update portage after you do the sync up then update
20 world. A new portage should update better.
21
22 Hope it goes well.
23
24 Dale