From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dhcpd always shows "crashed" even though it's running
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 07:06:45
1 On Friday 04 Sep 2015 03:46:04 Dale wrote:
2 > Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
3 > > On Thursday, September 03, 2015 8:47:34 PM Dale wrote:
4 > >
5 > > I don't know if this will help or not but don't forget the zap option.
6 > >
7 > > root@fireball / # /etc/init.d/dhcpcd <tab twice>
8 > > broken ineed iuse needsme pause restart start status
9 > > stop usesme zap
10 > > root@fireball / # /etc/init.d/dhcpcd
11 > >
12 > > It's been a long time since I used it but if I recall correctly that
13 > > resets the status. I think it stops and deletes any files that stores
14 > > its run status.
15 > >
16 > > If that doesn't apply, just ignore me. Heck, a lot of people ignore
17 > > me. lol
18 > >
19 > > Dale
20 > >
21 > > :-) :-)
22 > >
23 > > It does. I knew about it but never used it and didn't know what it'll do
24 > > if the permissions are wrong so I thought I'd minimize the chances of
25 > > being wrong.
26 >
27 > I wasn't sure if it would help or not. I know it has worked in the past
28 > for me but it has been while. I usually tell the service to stop, make
29 > sure any processes are dead, with kill command if needed, and then use
30 > the zap thing. Maybe try that as a last resort if nothing else.
31 >
32 > I just didn't want to not mention it and it turn out to be just what was
33 > needed. ;-)
34 >
35 > Dale
36 >
38
39 You can increase its verbosity in /etc/init.d/dhcpcd, so that the logs show
40 more of what is happening to cause the crash.
41
42 Also, here at least, I have /run/dhcpcd/ with its subdirectories as well as
43 /run/dhcpcd-enp11s0.pid both owned by root:root, but this is a laptop and the
44 dhcpcd is launched by ifplugd.
47 Regards,
48 Mick