From: "Taiidan@×××.com" <Taiidan@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is anyone using a TALOS 2 or any OpenPOWER machine?
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 21:41:01
1 I am of curious as to peoples experiences with OpenPOWER machines and
2 gentoo - is it as simple as using the ppc64 arch iso instead of x86_64?
3 If anyone uses it for a workstation, what apps do you have? is there
4 anything normal missing? (ie: that one would have on an x86_64 workstation)
5
6 I noticed that gentoo only has big endian isos instead of little endian
7 and I am also wondering what this means for software availability as I
8 have never heard of endianness before a few months ago.
9
10 Info:
11 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POWER9 (POWER is now the only high
12 performance arch that is owner controlled now that AMD has its ME analog
13 PSP)
14 http://raptorcs.com/ (The T2 is a modified "romulus" reference board
15 made available to the general public with libre firmware)