From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Unpacking a .exe file
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 21:24:00
1 Hi All,
2
3 I seem to be having problems unpacking a particular wireless driver. I tried
4 both unzip and cabextract and neither will do the deed:
5 =======================================================
6 $ unzip -l wg511v2_3_2.exe
7 Archive: wg511v2_3_2.exe
8 End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
9 a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
10 latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
11 the last disk(s) of this archive.
12 note: wg511v2_3_2.exe may be a plain executable, not an archive
13 unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of wg511v2_3_2.exe or
14 wg511v2_3_2.exe.zip, and cannot find wg511v2_3_2.exe.ZIP, period.
15
16 $ cabextract -l wg511v2_3_2.exe
17 wg511v2_3_2.exe: no valid cabinets found
18
19 All done, errors in processing 1 file(s)
21
22 Last time I used cabextract (more than a couple of years now) I don't recall
23 having such problems. How can I troubleshoot this, or how else can I extract
24 the .sys files from in there?
25 --
26 Regards,
27 Mick