From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Looking for a way to exclude packages from emerge -e
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 20:32:56
1 On Saturday 08 August 2009 21:30:59 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > I will need to perform an "emerge -e world" on a system. However, I
3 > would like to be able to exclude some packages from being rebuild
4 > without uninstalling them. Does portage provide for that?
7 No.
8
9 -e is intended to rebuild *eveything*, not "everything except something".
10
11 You need to take the long way round and find everything in /var/db/pkg,
12 compile a list of everything there, remove the ones to be excluded and
13 redirect the whole list to emerge. It might even fit on one command line.
16 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com