From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VRFs / Jails / Containers
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 17:39:23
1 On 2/3/19 6:26 AM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > You can add commands to your existing network configuration that will be
3 > run when an interface comes up. For example, in /etc/conf.d/net,
4 >
5 >   ifup_wlan0="iwconfig \$int key s:secretkey enc open essid foobar"
6
7 Ya.... I find that to be an absolute kludge. Does it work? Yes. Is
8 it clean? Probably not. Is it graceful? Absolutely not.
9
10 Think about how it's possible to configure bridging / bonding / VLANs
11 via various parameters and having netifrc construct the commands that
12 are run in the background.
13
14 I'd love to see something that assumes the commands run in the main /
15 default / unnamed network namespace / VRF unless otherwise specified.
16
17 I'd love to be able to add a parameter to a configuration file that
18 tells sshd to run in a specific VRF like Alarig was wanting to do.
19 Heck, I'd like to see init scripts gracefully deal with the fact that
20 there should be multiple instances of a daemon running, even if they are
21 simply on different ports, much less different VRFs or namespaces.