From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Default settings in /etc/rc.conf
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 17:30:06
1 Can someone please confirm that the commented settings in /etc/rc.conf
2 are the defaults?
3
4 Ie, when running etc-update after updating openrc, I had specifically
5 the entry:
6
7 rc_parallel="NO"
8
9 Now, when updating from 0.9.4 to 0.9.8.4, it wants to completely remove
10 this setting and all related comments to it.
11
12 I always hate it when the header comments for config files -
13 *especially* important ones like rc.conf - do not *explicitly* state
14 what the *defaults*are, and/or that the *commented* settings *are* the
15 defaults.
16
17 So, is
18
19 rc_parallel="NO"
20
21 the default or not?
22
23 What about
24
25 #rc_interactive="YES"
26
27 Ie, if I leave it commented like that, is it set to YES or NO?
28
29 Thanks,
30
31 Charles