From: ert256 <ert256@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] NTFS free space disappeared
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:59:44
1 Hello
2 I have some weird problem width NTFS partition in linux environment.
3 I have Knoppix LiveCD on some machine, which i want to clean out.
4 There was some virus and windows is unusable, so I'm copying data over
5 network to other machine, but what is the point
6 /media/sda5 is ntfs mounted in rea-only mode
7 root@Knoppix:/media# df -h
8 Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
9 /dev/sda5 31G 29G 2.3G 93% /media/sda5
10 root@Knoppix:~# du -h --summarize /media/sda5/
11 19G /media/sda5/
12 I cannot fire up windows, because it is dangerous, and that windows on
13 this machine is broken.
14 Question is : Where is missing 10G on NTFS partition ? Can I safely
15 clean disk without risk of data loss?
16 Thank you
19 Rafał (ert16) Trójniak
20 m@il : ert256@×××××.com
21 Jid : ert256@×××××.com ert16@××××××.pl