From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] MythTV ebuild reports the wrong video cards - I think
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:09:53
1 Hi all,
2 I'm in the process of installing MythTV on a VIA Epia motherboard I
3 have and have come across something that's causing me a bit of concern.
4
5 I do an:
6
7 emerge --pretend mythtv
8
9 and have a look at the output. Amongst all of the new/updated packages
10 there is the line for the MythTV build:
11
12 [ebuild N ] media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p16658 USE="aac alsa dvb dvd mmx
13 opengl perl python vorbis xvmc (-altivec) -autostart -dbox2 -debug
14 -directv -hdhomerun -ieee1394 -iptv -ivtv -jack -joystick -lcd -lirc
15 -opengl-video -opengl-xvmc" VIDEO_CARDS="via -nvidia"
16
17 The problem/concern revolves around the VIDEO_CARDS variable. In my
18 make.conf I have this set to:
19
20 VIDEO_CARDS="openchrome fbdev via"
21
22 Now my concern is if the make.conf values for VIDEO_CARD are going to
23 supercede the values from the ebuild - I had a look in the ebuild and
24 that's where the "via -nvidia" come from. I'm concerned that my use of
25 OpenChrome won't be used. Do I have cause for concern or will it all
26 sort itself out in the wash and eventually I'll end up with a MythTV
27 that will use OpenChrome as the driver?
28
29 Any thoughts, greatly appreciated,
30
31 Andrew