From: Alan Warren <bluemoonshine@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: thubdrive mounts with strange char's in it's name
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 02:19:09
1 Thanks for the info. I'm going to look into it.
2
3 Just to illustrate a little better, this is what it looks like.
4 http://www.alan-warren.com/images/strange_chars.jpg
5
6 Thanks
7
8 On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 7:32 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
9
10 > On 01/30/2011 02:36 PM, Alan Warren wrote:
11 >
12 >> Hello,
13 >>
14 >> My thumbdrive has been mounting fine, but recently it started mounting
15 >> with strange characters in it's name.
16 >> My thumbdrive mounts as /media/
19 > I can offer an observation but not an answer. Your email client, mutt,
20 > is sending "quoted-printable" text, so I'm not sure I'm reading the same
21 > thing that you are writing.
22 >
23 > For example, your last line, above, looks to me like this when I view your
24 > post in raw ascii:
25 >
26 > 'My thumbdrive mounts as /media/=0E'
27 >
28 > That =HH is typical of "quoted-printable" encoding:
29 >
30 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoted-printable
31 >
32 > Maybe someone else can tell us if this has any relation to your problem?