From: Lavender <lavender_matrix@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't build firmware into kernel
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 03:10:16
1 Thanks a lot ! But I used lspci -v | less, it printed vebose information, then I looked up carefully
2 for my video card, but I did not find anything about R600,R700 or other like, I'm still not clear
3 about R*** things , is it chipset name?
4 >Hmm, I re-installed radeon-ucode package and I'm sure that I have R600_rlc.bin cause I canlocate it in /lib/firmware/ and /usr/src/linux/somewhere. But when I use make , the error message like:make[1]: *** No rule to make target `firmware/radeon/R600_rlc.bin', needed by `firmware/radeon/R600_rlc.bin.gen.o'. Stop.make: *** [firmware] Error 2
5 It's weird, because I think I have done all the Prerequisite correctly, so how could I
6 fix it out ?