From: behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] urxvt on i3wm as wallpaper
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 07:56:16
1 On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 2:46 AM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com> writes:
4 >
5 > > On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 5:44 AM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
6 > >
7 > >>
8 > >>
9 > >> Omit the window decorations?
10 > >>
11 > >
12 > > I liked the picture, but actually I am not sure if that's what I want.
13 > > I want a terminal that is on the background (wallpaper) of the screen,
14 > not
15 > > in the floating mode or something like that.
16 > > For example like the conky behaves when it is on the walpaper.
17 >
18 > I guess you'd have to build the terminal into the WM to achieve this.
19 >
20 > Other than that, you can always make the terminal fullscreen, and then
21 > there's no significant difference between the terminal and the
22 > background anymore --- or is there?
23 >
24 > > However how did you remove the window decorations?!
25 >
26 > I have
29 > Style * !Title, BorderWidth 2
30 > Style XTerm !Borders
33 > in my fvwm configuration. You can check it out at [1] and modify it to
34 > your liking. Unless you have an AltGr key on your keyboard, you
35 > probably *do* want to adjust the key bindings before starting fvwm, or
36 > you may find yourself unable to move windows.
37 >
38 > Once you got used to fvwm, you don't want to put up with anything less
39 > anymore :) However, i3 is really good, too, if you like tiling WMs and
40 > don't (yet) need sticky floating windows (which stay on top)[2]. I've
41 > tried many WMs over the years and can recommend only those two. And I
42 > got fvwm to do tiling the way I need it --- which I rarely do ---
43 > basically just as well as i3 does.
46 > [1]: https://github.com/lee-/fvwm
47 > [2]: http://i3wm.org/
50 > --
51 > Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
52 > might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.
56 Ok, Thanks.