From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Scott Ellis <scotte@××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] experiences with zfsonlinux?
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 23:55:38
1 Am Freitag, 28. Dezember 2012, 15:21:54 schrieb Scott Ellis:
2 > Yeah, I use ZoL for my home server (mostly pictures, videos, and mp3s) and
3 > it works just fine. SSD for the / and /boot, and then ZFS for all the
4 > important data in a mirrored pool. Highly recommended. (Just updated to
5 > 3.7.1 kernel and 0.6.0-rc13 ZoL, with no issues, in case you were worried
6 > about usage with "current" pieces.)
7
8 I am conservative with kernels
9 uname -a
10 Linux localhost 3.4.24 #1 SMP Sun Dec 23 17:47:00 CET 2012 x86_64 AMD
11 Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
12
13 so that is not a concern of mine. I am more worried about stability. I plan to
14 put /var and my data pile on it. While losing the first would be a time
15 intensive incident losing the second would be really painful. Even with
16 backups.
17
18 But it would something I could recover from or I would not waste time thinking
19 about zfs - mdadm+whatever fs does work good enough.
20
21 Glück Auf,
22
23 Volker