From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where is the emerge history
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:35:28
1 Neil Bothwick schreef:
2 > On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 04:30:41 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
5 >> If you want the detailed messages which run up the screen during an
6 >> emerge, goto /etc/make.conf & set (dirname to taste)
7 >>
8 >> PORT_LOGDIR=/var/log/emerge-logs
9 >>
10 >> which will add 2 new files to that dir for each emerge you do.
11 >>
12 >> NB this will build up rapidly, so be careful if your disk space is
13 >> limited.
16 > Gzipping them saves a lot of space, i do it from a cron job
17 >
18 > $ cat /etc/cron.daily/portagelogs #!/bin/bash
19 >
20 > for f in $(portageq envvar PORT_LOGDIR)/*.log; do gzip -f $f
21 > 2>/dev/null || echo "Failed to gzip $f" done
25 Can they not also be rotated with logrotate (I just set logrotate up to
26 do this, I think, but since I just did it, and set it for monthy, I
27 don't know if it works yet)? But honestly, I don't see why I'd need an
28 emerge.log from 6 months ago anyway (or even last month), so is there
29 anything wrong with that option? Or have I wasted 2 minutes of time :) ?
30
31 Holly
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list