From: "Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y)" <mihamina.rakotomandimby@××××××××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>, Justin Findlay <justin@××××××××.us>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb scanner HP2200c
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 22:18:20
1 On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 10:19 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > What are the results of running "scanimage --list-devices" both as root
3 > and a normal user? Permission problems can cause scanimage or xsane to not
4 > find the scanner while sane-find-scanner will.
5
6 As root:
7 # scanimage --list-devices
8 No scanners were identified. [...]
9 # sane-find-scanner -q
10 found USB scanner [...]
11 found USB scanner [...]
12
13 As normal user:
14 $ scanimage --list-devices
15 No scanners were identified.
16 $ sane-find-scanner -q
17 found USB scanner [...]
18 found USB scanner [...]
19
20 I know my scanner uses plustek driver, and I already
21 edited /etc/sane.d/plustek.conf, but I dont know how to exclude all
22 other configuration files so that they dont disturb mine...
23
24 PS: Sorry for the CCing, just to up the thread.
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list