From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: iptables w/ 2 web servers
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:37:31
1 Hello,
4 I have one static IP with DNS (primary and secondary)
5 performed by my isp. I'm setting up a second web server
6 with a different domain name. It is setup already by the ISP
7 for DNS. Could someone post
8 some simple iptable examples of how to route 2 different
9 web server traffic streams to 2 different machines?
10
11 Both are inside the same DMZ....2 different machines
12 with different (NAT) IP addresses.
15 Right now, all port 80 traffic is auto forwarded to
16 a single NAT address on the firewall. Simple. Now I have
17 to figure out how to forward different web traffic streams
18 to 2 different NAT ip addresses, each on a different ip
19 address and a different machine.
22 I do not want to put the sites on the same machine, for a variety
23 of reasons, beside one machine moves in a few months to a
24 different physical location (and network numbers).
27 Suggestions or a good book for example would be keen.
28 I use raw IPtables/netfilter on the firewall. All servers
29 are gentoo.
32 James